Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Planted

For Jenn.

See how we
_____gather here
beneath your
green shade
your budding laughter
________________(did you know that you're a tree?)

see how these weary birds
_________________perch in your
_______merriment
the branches of your joy
___________________but
I see the______roots
the knarled dreams the
_________weathered longings
carved into your
_____heart.

Be steady now,
my dear
Be firm and
__________steadfast
(you were planted, remember?)
Reach out your limbs to
___________________Forever
but don't be afraid to
_______tremble.

The Wind must shake us all
sometimes and

even willows
________weep.

5 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger JnR said...

way to make me cry woman! its beautiful, thank you!! the letter was so sweet!! i heart you so much!!! i would not have anyone else read my book either, just so you know, i trust you with it implicitly. have a great summer and i look forward to reading your poetry on your blog so make sure you update(remember, i'm a review whore so dont be stingy!:P )heart you as big as an elephant.
-jennifer joan

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger JnR said...

just read it again...hearts you!!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger shine.is.dead said...

I like this mostly, but the last line is cliche.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Erin said...

yeah, you're right Noah. I guess I got a little carried away my sentimentality.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger valerie salerie said...

...which is a super rare exposure of Erin's :)

take care sister--thinking of you in Toronto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home