Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Home

These white county lines
these gravel scars
I guess they run through
my palms, too.

The dripping flesh
the pregnant fields
_________________________ripened
______________________expectation
giving birth to yesterday
I guess it flows in
my veins, too.

This yellow scent of tender grain,
manure and of sky
_________________________the pulse
____________________the lifeblood

These rivers
these steady palpitations
I guess they are
my arteries, too.
Pumping out my
_________________home
my vital signs.

I guess the throb of this
greenbrowngreen
is really just my heart.

5 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger valerie salerie said...

oh Erin i likey this one a lot! you truly are the smalltown, dare-i-say country gal :)

now i'm convinced. i must come see how your heart looks like on the fields and meadows!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Erin said...

any time Val. Any time.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger JnR said...

i love the last three lines....greenbrowngreen is really just my heart.....*sniffle* its beautiful.
huggles*

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger shine.is.dead said...

Your poetry often lacks irony... that's refreshing... irony is after all, just lying in drag.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger valerie salerie said...

"lying in drag"--that has a nice sound to it that matches its meaning (i think.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home