Monday, December 04, 2006

Here.

...it's here in the elipse

because I have burnt my tongue on my coffee again
(I like my coffee hot)
and when it scalds my throat
_______going down
well, at least I know that I have it all
safe on the inside

...it's here in the elipse

because my thigh muscles complain with every step
in protest, perhaps to the
______intrusion
of sharp, foreign objects invading the flesh
(but needles don't hurt)

...it's here in the elipse

because everybody is in a hurry when it
____rains
and I am too, but I have no umbrella so I am
wet all the same

...it's here in the elipse
I live

because
_________way
_________down
_________here

I can't make it
mean anything
until you

Finish

whatever it is you were (not) saying about the coffee
and the needles
and the rain
when your SILENCE was so
very
____rudely
__________interrupted

3 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger katelynn said...

Wow. Your writing is so honest that it hurts.
I'll walk in the rain with you.

K.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger valerie salerie said...

maybe interuption is good though
-the burning of the coffee
-the pain of the needle
-the sodden feeling of rain
reminds us that we're still living

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Erin said...

maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home